Construction Projects: Avoiding Overruns & Claims
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize common failings that cause project overruns
- Understand the importance of communications and the problems with email
- Recognize the particular issues which create claims
- Acquire a better understanding of delay and impact claims
- Understand a unique and economic approach to resolving disputes
Time and/or cost overruns on construction projects are far too frequent. Unfortunately, too often the root cause can be traced back to common failings of either the Owner, Design Consultant and/or Contractor. These overruns need not results in claims and protracted disputes but frequently do because of a failure to address the issues as they occur. With the stage set as to why claims develop the presentation will review the various types of claims including termination.
Having established cause and type of claims a unique approach to resolving disputes will be offered which allows the disputants an economical means to address differences while still maintaining control of the process.
- Causes for Project Overruns
- Communication Failings
- Specific Causes for Claims
- Delay and Impact Claims
- Unique Approach to Resolution
Who Should Attend
- Project Stakeholders
- Project Managers
- Construction Managers
- Contract Administrators
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.