Conflict and How to Deal with it as a New Manager
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Use the power of influence to become a successful new manager
- Utilize active listening to gain a keen understanding of former peers and superiors
- Effectively communicate to inspire and persuade/negotiate with different personality styles
- Boost your emotional intelligence to thrive in your new position
- Attain the trust and respect of your former peers and superiors
Most new managers promoted from within have a challenge to overcome the perception that a former peer is still just a colleague - not a manager. As a new manager, you will need the tools to establish yourself as a confident leader, and a trusted, respected supervisor. Your ability to communicate authentically, and display a competent, caring yet professional manner will determine your success at receiving the respect you deserve.
You must learn excellent communication and negotiation skills which are vital to become a top notch manager. With effective, easy to use communication and negotiation, you will become a respected leader and manager.
- Developing your influence power to motivate
- Communicating for success
- Using emotional intelligence to positively connect and inspire
- Understanding yourself and others to build confidence
- Using powerful negotiating skills to earn respect as a manager
Who Should Attend?
Motivated, eager employees in a working environment who desire to reach their full potential as great leaders, including:
Managers • Supervisors/Administrators • Individuals who have been recently been (or will soon will be) promoted into a role involving management
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.