Delivering Dispute Free Projects – Planning, Design & Bidding
This webinar is also part of Web Series: Delivering Dispute Free Projects. You save 20% when you enroll for the series which includes the following webinars:
- Delivering Dispute Free Projects: Planning, Design & Bidding
- Delivering Dispute Free Projects: Construction & Claims Management
- Delivering Dispute Free Projects: Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Delivering Dispute Free Projects: Does Partnering Help?
After attending this webinar, you will:
- Learn what owners, designers and construction managers can do during the planning phase to avoid claims and mitigate and disputes going forward;
- Be exposed to what actions owners and their project teams can plan for to help avoid or mitigate claims during the construction phase;
- Explore how the owner’s team can do to avoid claims during the bidding phase of a project; and,
- Review what actions a bidder can take to mitigate claims during construction and avoid disputes.
Project owners, design professionals, construction managers and contractors frequently ask if there are recommendations on how to avoid disputes on future construction projects. They acknowledge that there is no such thing as a “claim free” project but are seeking ways close out projects without resorting to arbitration or litigation at the end of the project. This webinar is based on a number of interviews with experienced practitioners in the construction industry. The webinar is based on their experience, observations and thinking. This webinar addresses the issues of claims mitigation and dispute avoidance during the planning, design and bidding phases of a project. These three phases frequently lay the groundwork for future claims, claims that do not manifest themselves until construction is underway. This webinar discusses actions that owners, designers and construction managers can take to help avoid claims during construction or, should they arise, resolve them on the project site and not in arbitration or litigation.
This webinar identifies 9 actions owner project teams can take during the planning phase to help avoid claims during construction. The webinar continues with 28 actions owner teams can take during design to mitigate the potential for claims during construction. The third portion of the webinar identifies 6 actions owners can take and 6 actions bidders can take to avoid later claims.
- Claims Recognition, Mitigation & Dispute Avoidance
- The Planning Phase
- The Design Phase
- The Bidding Phase
Who should attend:
- General contractors and their project managers
- Project owners and their representatives
- Design professionals
- Construction managers
- Construction attorneys
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.