Leadership Beyond your Team: Managing up and Across the Capacity of your Team
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Gain strategies you can take immediately to learn the capacity of your team
- Appreciate that team learning is relevant to team work and distribution of leadership
- Understand how leaders facilitate leadership development by creating a common goal
- Understand why the model I-P-O influence teamwork
- Recognize how adaptive leadership enable and sustain subordinate to deliver result
The webinar examines the state of the field regarding leadership in teams. This advance perspective considers leadership as an outcome of team processes (e.g., teamwork and team learning) that provides resources for better team adaptation and performance in subsequent performance cycles. This viewpoint complements but does not replace the perspective of leadership as an input to team processes and performance.
Specific facets of the teaming cycle are reviewed, including the nature of teamwork and interventions designed to facilitate its development, the role of team learning as different from individual learning, and relatively recent advances in understanding shared and distributed leadership (DL). These components of team leadership are cast within an emerging IMOI (inputs, mediators, outcomes,In puts) framework proposed for understanding the cyclical and ongoing nature of teams in organizations.
- Leadership capacity in team
- Developing leadership in team
- Beyond I-P-O models in team
- What is teamwork
- Intervention to developing teamwork
- Information sharing
- Team learning
- Shared leadership / delegate
Who should attend?
Managers • Technical Professionals • Directors • Executive Leaders • Aspiring Leaders
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.