Avoiding Construction Overruns and the Resultant Construction Disputes
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- recognize factors that cause project over runs in cost and/or time and resultant construction claims
- understand the contracting strategies that can be employed to minimize claims
- appreciate the contract administration issues that pertain to construction disputes
- understand the importance of project controls, documentation and communication
- be cognizant of the methodologies used to present delay and productivity claim
The seminar deals with the issues which give rise to construction overruns in time & cost, the resultant disputes & the means to minimize their effect on project success. Initially a review of the factors which give rise to construction claims is provided. The seminar then examines available strategies by owners & consultants to avoid claims & the means to minimize their effect on project success. There will be discussion on claims by Owners.
It will also focus on the importance of early non adversarial communication & the importance of project controls. Change order management & the difficulties which are experienced by all project participants as they struggle with the conflict between practice & theory will be addressed.
- Contracting Strategies
- Owner’s Avoidance / Defence of Claims
- Claims by Owner
- Contract Administration
- Damage Quantification
- Dispute Resolution
Who Should Attend
Project Managers • Construction Managers • Contract Administrators • Consultants & others concerned with the ultimate success of a project.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.