Interpretation and Enforcement of Construction Contracts
After participating in this course you will be able to:
- Consider contractor perceptions about interpretation and enforcement issues
- Apply your knowledge of construction contracts
- Understand the role of the inspection authority
- Avoid claims caused by overly strict or untimely interpretation
- Recognize laxity in interpretation and its consequences
Ambiguous contract documents, improper interpretations, delayed decisions and wrongful enforcements can result in owners not getting their money’s worth and being stuck with costly construction claims. This seminar explores what happens when interpretation and/or enforcement are too strict or too lax, and whether or not there is a correct balance.
Course materials will cover the many details of multi-faceted contract documents and focus on developing your interpretation and enforcement skills that can reduce costs.
- Enforcement of contracts
- Structure of construction contracts
- Contract project administration
- Claims by contractors / claims by owners
- Change requests & claims
- Contract language by the courts
- Bonding & insurance
- Understanding delay & productivity claims
- Dispute resolution
Who Should Attend
Project Engineers & Managers • Contractors • Construction Managers • Designers • Contract Administrators • Owners • Engineering Consultants
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.