Avoiding Construction Overruns and the Resultant Construction Disputes
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- recognize factors that cause project over runs in cost and/or time and resultant construction claims
- understand the contracting strategies that can be employed to minimize claims
- appreciate the contract administration issues that pertain to construction disputes
- understand the importance of project controls, documentation and communication
- be cognizant of the methodologies used to present delay and productivity claim
The seminar deals with the issues which give rise to construction overruns in time & cost, the resultant disputes & the means to minimize their effect on project success. Initially a review of the factors which give rise to construction claims is provided. The seminar then examines available strategies by owners & consultants to avoid claims & the means to minimize their effect on project success. There will be discussion on claims by Owners.
It will also focus on the importance of early non adversarial communication & the importance of project controls. Change order management & the difficulties which are experienced by all project participants as they struggle with the conflict between practice & theory will be addressed.
- Contracting Strategies
- Owner’s Avoidance / Defence of Claims
- Claims by Owner
- Contract Administration
- Damage Quantification
- Dispute Resolution
Who Should Attend
Project Managers • Construction Managers • Contract Administrators • Consultants & others concerned with the ultimate success of a project.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.