Avoiding Construction Overruns and Managing Construction Disputes
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- recognize factors that cause project overruns in time and/or cost and the resulting construction claims and disputes
- understand the contracting strategies that can be employed to minimize claims and disputes
- administer the contract to minimize construction claims and disputes
- understand the importance of project controls, documentation and communication
- be aware of the methodologies used to present delay and productivity claims
- resolve disputes amicably using negotiation, mediation and other ADR methods
- understand the methodologies used to analyze delay and productivity claims
This course deals with the issues which cause construction overruns in time and cost, the resulting disputes, and the means to minimize their impact on project success. It also discusses amicable ways to resolve disputes, as they arise, through negotiation, mediation and other ADR methods. A review of the factors which can lead to construction claims is provided. The course then examines available strategies by Owners, Consultants and Contractors to avoid disputes and minimize their risk in order to achieve project objectives. There will be discussion on claims by different parties.
It will also focus on the importance of early non-adversarial communication and dispute resolution, and the importance of effective project controls. Change order management and the difficulties experienced by all project participants as they struggle with the conflict between theory and practice will be addressed.
- Contracting Strategies
- Owner’s Avoidance / Defence of Claims
- Communication and Project Controls
- Role Plays
- Claims by Different Parties
- Contract Administration
- Damage Quantification
- Dispute Resolution
Who Should Attend:
Project Managers - Owners - Contractors - Construction Managers - Contact Administrators - Consultants and others concerned with the ultimate success of a project
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW