Fundamentals of Leading and Managing Engineers and Technical Staff
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand your role and responsibilities as a leader and how to establish the trust of your staff
- Identify and demonstrate effective leadership behaviours and practices to engage and motivate your team towards a common goal
- Communicate a vision and identify what you require from your team for effective day-to-day communication and progress
- Provide and receive useful and helpful feedback to enhance performance and understanding the challenges the team may face
If you have recently been promoted to a supervisory or management position or want to sharpen your skills to become a more effective leader and manager, this course will help you master the basics of business by learning the language of leadership and management.
You will learn how to make a successful transition from employee to manager and to confidently take on the mantle of leadership and mentorship. You will learn the skills required to delegate responsibility and engage your employees on multiple levels. A large part of a manager’s job involves getting things done through other people, and this course will help you understand how to influence and direct other people’s performance as well as the ability to mentor them. Finally, you will learn how to get the most out of your team, build trust and resolve conflicts. In addition, you will discover an insight in your own ability to lead your team to accomplish the mission.
- Team building
- Disc workplace behavior tool
- Emotional intelligence in the work place
- Situational leadership
- Leadership and power
- Decision Analysis
- 8 steps problem solving
- How are technical people different?
- Transactional analysis
- Effective communication skills
- Performance counselling
- Conflict resolution
- Organizational values
- Organizational change
- Diversity in workplace
Who Should Attend
Managers & Supervisors • Project Managers • Business Owners • Directors & VPs
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.