Bidding, Evaluation, Negotiation and Contract Award - For Construction Projects
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish among the types of bid calls and types of responses
- Use knowledgeably performance, labour and material payment bonds, and insurance
- Make productive use of the bidding period while the contractor is putting together a bid
- Discover new methods of bidding being contemplated by the industry
- Deal appropriately with the low bid when it exceeds the owner’s available financing
For a building project, construction is the ultimate reality. Here ideas, drawings & specifications take physical form. The bidding, negotiation & contract award phases of a project are a short but very important part of every project .
The process of bidding is to seek from the construction industry its statement of what it can do, how much time it will take to do it & what price it will charge. They are the most difficult aspect of the building process & result in a higher rate of claims & litigation. Key aspects include dissertations on the preparation of bids, the uses & abuses of unit prices, plus cost saving & rebidding strategies..
- Pre-Qualifications of bidders & pre-bid estimates
- Bid documents
- Surety & insurance requirements
- General liability insurance
- Bidding period
- Roles of contractors
- Receipt & evaluation of bids
- Low bid exceeds approved cost estimate
- Award of contracts
Who Should Attend:
Owners • Developers • Plant Managers • Architects • Engineers • Interior Designers • Contract Administrators, Specification Writers • Contractors • Subcontractors • Manufacturers • Suppliers • Construction Associations • Construction firms • Lawyers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW