Internet Security Tools for Technical Professionals
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Secure your mobile devices using leading anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.
- Use two-step authentication to add an extra level of security when accessing the Internet.
- Create strong passwords and use a password manager to store and organize your secret entry codes.
- Use encryption apps to protect sensitive files and correspondence.
- Be notified if your email account is compromised.
This course provides a concise overview of leading Internet security resources, tools and strategies that can be used by technical professionals to step up their security posture – online and off.
The presentation explains how to Identify and respond to leading online threats, check if your personal information has been hacked, use “bug bounties” to test for system vulnerabilities, verify if a website is secure, use virtual private networks to protect your online communications, create information security policies, develop cyber-security awareness in your workplace and much more.
- Big-Picture Cyber-Security Facts and Trends
- The Single Most Important Security Practice
- Mobile Security Tips
- Wi-Fi Security
- Encrypting Smartphone Communications
- Cyber Security Planning: Key First Steps
- Security Checklists for the Enterprise
- The Evolving Threat Landscape
- Starter Security Strategy for Engineers
Who Should Attend:
Those practitioners who the Internet and mobile devices to work, collaborate and share engineering information including:
- design engineers
- facility engineers
- engineering consultants
- material managers
- facility operators
- chemical laboratory personnel
- environmental scientists
- hazardous materials trainers.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.