Writing for the Web: Websites, Navigation Structure, Landing Pages
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Define the writing and communication process
- Understand why AIAA (attention, interest, attitude, action) is important
- Write an informative navigation menu
- Write website and landing page copy that is easy to read and scan
- Harness the power of SEO and hyperlink
- Ensure you have a call to action and incentive when and where appropriate
When it comes to writing for the Web, the first things you need to do it define what you are writing, your target audience and your purpose.
Are you writing your website navigation structure, website copy (which page) or a landing page that an online ad leads to? You could also be writing that ad, a blog post or social media copy (or a social media ad) but that goes beyond the scope of this webinar.
You also need to know who you are writing for and your purpose so that you use copy that appeals to your target audience and copy that will enable you to achieve your purpose. But all that goes out the window it you don't know how to structure your website copy so that it is easy to read.
That is why Writing for the Web introduces you to the formal writing process and demonstrates how to apply that process when writing content for the Web. The webinar
- outlines how most people read online (they call it a “browser” for a reason)
- presents techniques to help visitors scan and absorb Web content
- helps you structure information-oriented and promotional Web copy
- shows you how to motivate ‘clicks’
- demonstrates how to use SEO to drive traffic to your website, use online ads to drive traffic to your landing page and harness the power of hyper links to motivate readers to dig deeper for more information.
- Define types of web writing webinar covers
- Writing and communication process
- Attention, Interest, Attitude, Action (AIAA)
- Planning, purpose and target audience
- Benefits of outlining
- Promotional writing and power of incentives
- Writing for the web that make pages easy to scan, read, absorb
- Paragraphs, numbered and bullet points
- Power of hyper links
- Search Engine Optimization (key words and phrases)
Who Should Attend
Anyone looking to become a more effective and efficient email web writer.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW