Tendering: Practical and Legal Do's and Dont's
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the essential legal principles governing tendering
- Know when a bid is non-compliant and cannot legally be accepted, and Know when an owner can reject the low compliant bid
- Evaluate tenders fairly to minimize claims from unsuccessful bidders
- Understand the role of the architect or engineer in the tendering process, and their potential legal liability
- Know what clauses an owner must have in its tender documents to limit liability and minimize claims
Canada’s adoption in 2017 of both the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement with the European Union and the Canada Free Trade Agreement, among Canadian Provinces and Territories, have significantly changed the practice of Public Sector Procurement.
This is the biggest change to Procurement Law across Canada since the Supreme Court’s 1981 decision in Ron Engineering.
New rules, new remedies, and new technologies require a clear understanding. Vendors will have to know how to avoid bid rejection on technical grounds, and their rights of bid protest. Owners will have to know the rules limiting their flexibility in designing procurement invitations and bid evaluations.
- Introduction to tendering
- Introduction to the relevant law
- The owner’s obligations to the contractor – dangerous consequences
- Planning procurement - before the bids are opened
- Once the bids are opened
- Bid protest under treaties
- Administrative law
- Architects & engineers
Who Should Attend
Project Officers & Managers • Construction Managers • Consultants • Business Owners • Operations Managers • Municipal Engineers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW