Using Standard Form Contracts for Construction and Design Services
After Participating in this Course, You Will Be Able To:
- Use the principal Canadian standard form construction documents issued by the Association of Consulting Engineers of Canada (ACEC), the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC), and the Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC)
- Recognize how construction contracts allocate risk among the parties and why it is to your advantage to use standard form construction documents to allocate that risk in a manner that is fair and appropriate
- Minimize contract disputes and claims by using the standard form contract documents during the course of an engineering and construction project by managing the project fairly
When new contract documents are written, considerable effort is necessary to ensure that they are complete, consistent and critical items are not overlooked. You can avoid these problems by using standard documents that are well-designed, thoroughly reviewed, and accepted by major construction industry organizations.
You will learn how to reduce the occurrence of these problems by using a standardized set of contract documents developed by various industry organizations in Canada including the Canadian Construction Documents Committee. The CCDC is a broad-based coalition of construction industry organizations whose mission is to develop and distribute quality construction documents that are both complete and fair.
- Theory and Practice of standard form contracts
- The bidding process
- The structure of construction contracts fixed price, unit price, construction management, design-build, P3
- A close look at standard terms and conditions
- Modifying standard forms to suit your project supplementary conditions
- Workshop in choosing a standard form and adapting it
- Design services contracts
- Subcontracts, and standard form administrative documents and support forms
Who Should Attend
Those responsible for developing, managing and using construction contract documents in industrial, commercial, institutional and multi-unit residential buildings, including:
Owners Principals Construction Managers Owner Representatives Engineers Project Managers Contract administrators Consulting engineers Architects Contractors Procurement managers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW