How to Give and Receive Effective Feedback
Webinar Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand why all behavior communicates, both verbal and nonverbal
- Realize the importance of effective communication in achieving all corporate and individual goals
- Learn the deficiencies in the manner in which we regularly communicate
- Understand the two biggest mistakes most communicators make
- Know the reasons why effective feedback is so important
- Learn how to give and receive meaningful feedback
- Practice giving and receiving feedback in two different scenarios
Purpose and Background
The most important and fundamental tool that every engineer and engineering manager uses to accomplish anything and everything is communication. That tool is totally ineffective unless there is a transfer of understanding between the sender and the receiver. The essence of effective communication is to achieve some desired result, i.e. that is an exchange which produces a change in the knowledge, thinking, or behavior between the sender and the receiver. Most of the time there is little or no feedback given by either party to determine that the message has been received and fully understood.
This webinar will explore the details of how to be more accomplished as both a sender and a receiver through the use of an appropriate feedback process
Assessment of Learning Outcomes
The primary learning outcomes for each participant will come with a 2-4 week period after they have adopted the recommendations and made the necessary changes to make effective feedback a daily habit. Two self assessment surveys will be given to measure your overall communication effectiveness and a second one to measure your ability to be a good listener.
Both of these surveys can and should be given to others that you work with for them to evaluate your communication skills.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will benefit every single person in any technical or even non-technical organization, especially those that are responsible for the performance of others, from staff engineers or department managers, to project managers, and to the firm’s executives.
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW