Accent Reduction: Speak English with Clarity and Confidence
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Speak English with clear, correct consonant and vowel sounds
- Improve your listening sills - hear the difference between sounds- and also hear the difference between the sounds you are currently using the correct sounds of English.
- Speak with fluency - using the correct flow of English words and sentences.
- Use intonation to get your point across confidently to your listeners
- Participate in meetings, presentations and social conversations with clarity and confidence.
You will learn and practice the most important skills of pronunciation, fluency and intonation, so that you can speak English clearly and confidently. The goal of this program is not necessarily to lose your accent - you can be proud of your accent- it shows that you are bilingual - or trilingual!
The goal of this program is to help you speak English so that people understand you the first time you speak and can appreciate the full value of your ideas.
We start with an assessment of your pronunciation- this will provide a roadmap of the specific areas you need to improve and will also serve as a measuring tool to ensure that you improve by the end of the course.
We will go through the areas of pronunciation, rhythm. Flow and tone one by one to ensure that you are able to make the necessary changes. You will receive feedback to ensure improvement for each skill.
The methods we use are based on the science of Speech Pathology. That is we will teach you not only pronunciation, but also muscle memory and auditory memory - to help you keep your skills after the course.
Each participant will receive excellent take home practice materials for continuous practice and improvement.
Teaching Style - Interactive, with feedback.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who speaks English as a foreign language.
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW