Addressing Flaws and Blind spots in Cognitive Biases
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify cognitive bias core concepts, benefits and challenges
- Highlight leading cognitive bias case studies from multiple industries and professions
- Review how practitioners can overcome cognitive bias
- Discuss key cognitive bias resources and communities online
- Prepare a basic cognitive bias starter strategy for your operations and career
The course provides a concise of cognitive biases or thinking errors. These “brain bugs” may distort perceptions, compromise ethics, trigger inaccurate judgments, and spark illogical interpretations in your technical work. Discover the most common types of cognitive biases in the modern workplace, and how to recognize and address these flaws and blind spots in your “mental firmware”.
- Industry and life examples
- Professional judgment frameworks
- How to use psychology to your advantage
- Cognitive bias in ethical decision making
- Simple and pragmatic steps to overcome bias
Who Should Attend:
Those practitioners who want an introductory and non-technical understanding of artificial intelligence technology including:
Design Engineers • Facility Engineers • Engineering Consultants • Material Managers • Facility Operators • Project Managers
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Eastern TimeREQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW