Are You Fighting Fires Instead of Managing Your Employees?
After Participating in This Course, You Will Be Able to :
- Understand why managers become firefighters
- Realize the detrimental effect your firefighting has on the professional development of your staff
- Understand the two most important things a manager must do and how they relate to firefighting
- Realize how firefighting and coaching are different
- Understand how proper delegation gets rid of the firefighting syndrome
Every engineering or technical manager knows how important it is to be available to assist their subordinates. If they didn’t have the knowledge and experience to do that, probably someone else would have their position. Too often though, the manager does an inadequate job of delegating various tasks/responsibilities. This leads to the ever present problem of subordinates bringing their managers multiple “fires” for the manager to put out or at least play a major role in extinguishing the flames.
Your employees will never realize their potential as long they can rely on you to do their firefighting for them. This webinar will explore this problem in detail and help you understand the proper methods to get out of the firefighting business.
- What Firefighting Looks Like
- Understanding Why Managers Are Firefighters
- What Your Firefighting Does to Employee Motivation
- If Not a Firefighter, Then what Is Your Role
- Archimedes Understand Leverageâ€”Do You?
- The Two Highest Priority Responsibilities of Any Manager
- Coaching vs. Firefighting
- Delegation: The Best Alternative to Firefighting
- The Proper Way to Delegate
Who Should Attend:
This webinar will benefit anyone in your organization who is responsible for the performance of other employees, from staff engineers, department or division managers, project managers, to the firm’s executives.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW