Avoiding Construction Claims by Improving the Quality of Drawings, Specifications and Bidding Documents
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Improve communications and design-review procedures
- Implement quality enhancement measures in the production of construction documents
- Improve the quality of design, bidding and construction documents
- Integrate a checking process into the production of construction documents
- Avoid future errors in the communication of construction information and prevent claims
One of the crucial means for controlling construction costs and reducing claims is to keep change orders and costs to a minimum. This can be achieved by exercising greater care during the preparation of design, bidding and construction documents; ensuring the viability of design; improving the quality of working drawings and specifications; and being wary of the common causes of claims leading to cost overruns.
This practical program explains where we are now, where we want to go and how to get there. The program prepares you to focus your attention on design and production control, the review and evaluation of contract documents plus the bidding and contract award process.
- Legal issues
- Producing documents: difficulties and shortcomings
- Change orders and delay claims
- Avoiding problems: drawings and specifications
- Construction costs: cost planning and cost control
- Selecting professionals
- Owner assessments of documents
- Planning and design Stages
- Workshop and teamwork
- New approaches
Who Should Attend
Designers • Architects • Engineers • Professionals • Project Managers • Planners • Contractors • Owners • Government, Institutional and Private Sector Owners • Construction Personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW