Conflict and How to Deal with it as a New Manager
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Effectively listen to become empowered with strategies to resolve conflict situations
- Re-frame negativity into positivity to get agreements and buy-in
- Engage in “solutioneering” to problem solve challenging disputes
- Analyze different conflict personality styles to meet their needs and find solutions
- Effectively deflect conflict with different personalities and build powerful lasting business relationships
How comfortable are you with conflict? As a new manager, especially if you are promoted from within, you will have to establish the credibility and respect that you deserve with your former colleagues. Even if you are a new manager just joining a company, your subordinates and managers will test you until you earn their trust and respect. You may find yourself dealing with challenges from former colleagues, now subordinates who resist your direction and goals. You will be expected to handle conflict between your subordinates.
Conflict is inevitable, but with powerful transformation tools, you will emerge as a strong, respected, yet well liked, supervisor.
- Analyze and strategize using conflict management styles
- Demonstrate effective listening, reframing, confronting
- Practice anger reduction to reach resolution
- Transform discord into accord to resolve disputes
Who Should Attend?
- New managers
- Seasoned supervisors
- Those who are preparing to become a manager
- Eager employees desiring to be acknowledged as respected leaders
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW