Coping with Complex Ethical Dilemmas in Engineering Practice
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Develop appropriate awareness of ethical practices, which you can immediately use in your work and help your organization maintain their standards.
- Explore principles directly related to ethical dilemmas relevant to your workplace.
- Understand why ethical dilemmas exist and a framework to help resolve them.
Discover and explore why engineers need to think ethically. Working in a profession that affects the lives of individuals and communities brings significant responsibility and liability to act ethically and transparently. Engineering practice can pose challenging questions, from balancing environmental harms against society’s energy needs to assessing whether current social or political priorities are a reasonable basis for developing systems or products that will affect community lives for decades.
The ethical engineer must think through moral dilemmas and make practical and justifiable decisions considering multiple stakeholders. This webinar will address these issues and offer a framework to overcome these ethical dilemmas so that you can be more aware of your ethical obligation and mitigation.
- Understanding ethical dilemmas
- The role of the engineer and code of ethics
- Key dilemmas and case examples
- Ethical decision-making framework
Who Should Attend?
- Technical Leaders
- Executive Leaders
- Engineering Leaders
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW