Creating Effective Construction Specifications
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- develop skills to write specifications for control of project delivery and quality
- explore the most advanced concepts in developing effective contract relationships between practices to the contract
- avoid claims by honing your skills for producing quality specifications
- establish bidding requirements, bonds and insurance
- learn to effectively control time and quality during the construction process
- structure effective general and supplementary conditions
Many major problems in construction can be traced to misunderstanding or misinterpretation of the specifications by the contractor, supplier, inspector, and the owner. It is your responsibility to describe the project in words that prevent on-the-job controversy and misunderstanding.
This is done through carefully organizing and writing construction specifications for the project and its many parts which will carry to all individuals, responsible for the project, designer’s version without any ambiguity. All parties to the construction contract must refer to their specifications.
In workshops that are designed to enhance your specification writing skills, you will have the opportunity to apply what you learn in the course.
- The Role of Specifications in Project Quality
- The Specifier’s Search for Clarity
- Role of Specification Writer
- Product Representatives and Specification Writers-Forging A Working Relationship
- Basis of Project Delivery
- General and Supplemental Conditions
- Bidding Requirements-Division 0
- General Requirements-Division 1
- Specification Formats and Sources
Who Should Attend
Design Engineers • Specification Writers • Technical Specialists • Contract Coordinators • Estimators •Project Engineers, •Consulting Engineers and Architects • Construction Engineers, Contract Administrators • Construction Inspectors • Building Officials • Construction Estimators Construction Mediators • Contract Lawyers and other Individuals Involved in Civil Construction will benefit.
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW