2 – 3 hour classes with homework between
After participating in this course, you will:
- Identify the essential people in a document process
- Be able to plot a strategy for team communications and schedule during a revision process
- Know strategies to optimize language correction and improvement as a preliminary step to facilitate easier and more efficient technical reviews
This course introduces participants to the language review process for technical documents, including a procedure for efficient language review, and an exercise of looking at the players in the process, each of their concerns, and how scheduling and coordination of the review process can work. It also introduces useful tools for document review, such as style guides and useful software features.
- The review process
- Making good sentences into better sentences
- Reducing the word count
- Formatting for more readable documents
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for any technical professional who needs to write and share a review process in the course of their work, whether that is reporting, client-facing e-mails, or marketing. Professionals who need to interact with colleague writing also enjoy having this theoretical background to facilitate their professional communications about language.
This includes all engineers, scientists, business people, and support staff for those industries.
Participants from new professional or even student writers, to those who have been in industry for forty years, have said that they find value in the strategies that Bedwin offers. Thus, this course is an excellent introduction to writing, and also can provide a confidence-building or relaxing refresher course for professionals with 1, 2, 3, or 4 decades of experience already.REQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW