Engineering Ethics: A Course on Engineering Ethics and Engineering Code of Conduct for Canadian Professional Engineers
Learning Objectives - Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be:
- Refreshed on some of the important professional engineering terms, concepts and principles.
- Refreshed on the three fundamental Codes of Ethics that apply to the practice of professional engineering in Canada.
- Able to understand the essence and application of the three codes of ethic through multiple case studies.
- Reaffirm and assess their comprehension of the professional engineering codes of ethic through classwork and post-seminar assignment.
This on-demand course caters to Canadian Licensed Professional Engineers who are interested in refreshing their understanding of some of the terms and concepts associated with the practice of engineering and the code of ethics and conduct professional engineers are expected to abide by. After defining some of the terms and concepts pertaining to the practice of engineering, the course segues into the Canadian rules of professional conduct.
In this course we cover the categorization of all rules of professional engineering conduct into three categories. Each of the three categories of rules of conduct and the terms and concepts associated with the practice of engineering are illustrated through multiple case studies. This course reinforces the learning through classwork case studies and anecdotal real examples.
Who can benefit from this course:
- Licensed Professional Engineers, who need to meet the annual or biennial license renewal PDH (Professional Development Hour) or CEU (Continuing Education Unit) requirements.
- Engineers who aspire to attempt and pass their FE, Fundamentals of Engineering, NCEES exam.
- Other professionals whose annual PLP, Performance and Learning Program, include engineering ethics courses, training, or seminars.
Testimonials from clients:
- Very well done! The material presented was very informative. The course was a great refresher with potential for additional learning. It highlighted the major topics of engineering ethics, and put them to use in the case studies which I found to be the most valuable aspect of the course.Â I liked the structuring of the material. I found great value in the case studies, but having the definitions and concepts beforehand was essential to the experience. Theodoros H. Civil Engineer. 2020
- Thank you for an excellent presentation/training session today on the subject of Engineering Ethics. John P. P.E. 2020
- Great presentation. Thanks Bobby. James B. P.E. 2020
- Found course to be beneficial and would attend future courses. Mark B. P.E.
- Enjoyed the course. Mathew S. P.E. 2020
- The course was very good and relevant. John P., P.E., 2020
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW