Engineering Ethics: A Course on Engineering Ethics and Engineering Code of Conduct for Canadian Professional Engineers
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be:
- Refreshed on some of the important professional engineering terms, concepts and principles.
- Refreshed on the three fundamental Codes of Ethics that apply to the practice of professional engineering in Canada.
- Able to understand the essence and application of the three codes of ethic through multiple case studies.
- Reaffirm and assess their comprehension of the professional engineering codes of ethic through classwork and post-seminar assignment.
This course caters to Canadian Licensed Professional Engineers who are interested in refreshing their understanding of some of the terms and concepts associated with the practice of engineering and the code of ethics and conduct professional engineers are expected to abide by. After defining some of the terms and concepts pertaining to the practice of engineering, the course segues into the Canadian rules of professional conduct. In this course we cover the categorization of all rules of professional engineering conduct into three categories. Each of the three categories of rules of conduct and the terms and concepts associated with the practice of engineering are illustrated through multiple case studies. This course reinforces the learning through classwork case studies and anecdotal real examples.
- Engineering as a “Profession.”
- Who is a bonafide “Professional Engineer?”
- Contract and its essentials
- Professional Liability
- Sustainability Responsibility of an Engineer
- Code of Ethics for Professional Engineers
- Case studies and class work that illustrate and reinforce clear understanding of engineering code of ethics
Who should attend:
- Licensed Professional Engineers, who need to meet the annual or biennial license renewal PDH (Professional Development Hour) or CEU (Continuing Education Unit) requirements.
- Engineers who aspire to attempt and pass their Fundamentals of Engineering Exam.
- Other professionals whose annual PLP, Performance and Learning Program, include engineering ethics courses, training, or seminars.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW