Fundamentals of Leading and Managing Engineers and Technical Staff
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand your role and responsibilities as a leader and how to establish the trust of your staff
- Recognize and use your DiSC style and understand the needs of others on your team
- Identify the behaviours associated with emotional Intelligence and understand how they can contribute to your leadership effectiveness
- Apply theories of leadership to understand why people will choose to follow you, and stay motivated and retained in the organization
- Learn to support the building and effectiveness of teams
- Provide and receive useful and helpful feedback to enhance performance and understanding the challenges the team may face
If you have recently been promoted to a supervisory or management position or want to sharpen your skills to become a more effective leader and manager, this course will help you master the basics of business by learning the language of leadership and management.
You will learn how to make a successful transition from employee to manager and to confidently take on the mantle of leadership and mentorship. You will learn the skills required to delegate responsibility and engage your employees on multiple levels. A large part of a manager’s job involves getting things done through other people, and this course will help you understand how to influence and direct other people’s performance as well as the ability to mentor them. Finally, you will learn how to get the most out of your team by understanding the different behavior within it, build trust and resolve conflicts. In addition, you will discover an insight in your own ability to lead your team to accomplish the mission.
- Team building
- Human Behaviour
- Emotional Intelligence
- Situational leadership
- Leadership and power
- Effective communication skills
- Performance conversations
- Conflict Resolution
- Organizational values
- Organizational change
- Diversity in the workplace
Who Should Attend
Managers and Supervisors • Project Managers • Business Owners • Directors and VPs
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW