Going from a Peer to a Manager and Getting Respect
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Use the power of influence to become a successful new manager.
- Utilize active listening to gain a keen understanding of former peers and superiors.
- Effectively communicate to inspire and persuade/negotiate with different personality styles.
- Boost your emotional intelligence to thrive in your new position.
- Attain the trust and respect of your former peers and superiors.
Most new managers promoted from within have a challenge to overcome the perception that a former peer is still just a colleague - not a manager. As a new manager, you will need the tools to establish yourself as a confident leader and a trusted, respected supervisor.
Your ability to communicate authentically and display a competent, caring yet professional manner will determine your success at receiving the respect you deserve. You must learn excellent communication and negotiation skills which are vital to becoming a top-notch manager. With effective, easy-to-use communication and negotiation, you will become a respected leader and manager.
- Developing your influence power to motivate
- Communicating for success
- Using emotional intelligence to positively connect and inspire.
- Understanding yourself and others to build confidence.
- Using powerful negotiating skills to earn respect as a manager.
Who Should Attend?
Motivated, eager employees in a working environment who desire to reach their full potential as great leaders, including:
- Individuals who have recently been (or will soon be) promoted into a role involving management.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW