Harness the Business Writing Process (Emphasis on Email)
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Define communication process
- Understand why writing is just part of the writing process
- Understand why AIAA (attention, interest, attitude, action) is important when writing email
- Using W5 (who, what, where, when, why) to write email
- Write email in an effective and efficient manner
For many in business, e-mail has become the primary means of communication. As the time spent on writing e-mail continues to rise, the threat of confusing and even losing a customer makes effective e-mail writing critical to your business success. This webinar is to become a more effective and efficient e-mail writer--writing e-mail messages that answer questions, solve problems, get to the point and generate action.
At the heart of the workshop is an introduction to the five-stage writing process: Planning, Research, Outline, Writing, Revision/Editing. The workshop then shows you a short cut that enables you to apply the writing process to e-mail messages so you can efficiently write effective e-mail messages.
- Attention, Interest, Attitude, Action (AIAA)
- Writing process
- Planning and purpose
- Who, what, where, when and why (W5) and email
- Email subject: be specific
- Email body and conclusion (call to action, as required)
- Tone - make it appropriate
- Paragraphs, numbered and bullet points
Who Should Attend
Anyone looking to become a more effective and efficient email writer.