Leadership in Risk Management
After participating in this course you will be able to:
- Describe the practice of risk management as a distinct function, essential to undertaking projects to achieve organizational objectives.
- Identify and explain the systematic processes of risk management, including defining uncertainties, risks, opportunities, and threats.
- Explain and discuss planning risk management, the risk identification process, qualitative and quantitative risk analysis methods, the risk response plan and the monitor and control methods.
- Demonstrate the use of key risk management analysis tools such as the Delphi technique, SWOT analysis, interviewing, brainstorming, mind-mapping, cause and effect diagrams, flow charting, and influence diagrams.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a member of a team to achieve project goals and objectives.
Risk management is the part of the project management process that is forward looking and is a critical component of successful project completion. Many project managers are unaware of or simply over look the process, thinking that their projects are too small to warrant such an evaluation. However, with the ever increasing pressure of businesses to bring projects, regardless of size, to completion on time, within budget and to the complete satisfaction of all stakeholders, risk management has never been more important. This course provides a comprehensive set of risk management skills including Planning, Identifying, Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis, Response, Monitor and Control and Governance. Upon the successful completion of the course the individual will possess the tools necessary to address and prevent costly project complications. The concentration is not limited to the “what” to do but rather extends to the “how” to do risk management.
- Overview of Risk Management – Why we do it
- Where do we start?
- Risk management planning
- Risk Identification
- Qualitative analysis
- Quantitative analysis
- Risk response plans
- Monitor and Control
Who Should Attend?
This course is tailored to the application of risk management to any stakeholder involved with projects; project managers, site supervisors, systems implementation teams, purchasing professionals, middle management, senior management, designers, consultants, entrepreneurs and those who are preparing for these positions.REQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW