Using Emotional Literacy for Better Mental Health
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Define emotional literacy
- Describe the tenants of emotional intelligence, including self-awareness
- Understand the multifactorial role our emotions play in everyday life
- Define the landscape of mental health currently
- Describe the difference between stress and anxiety
- Describe common myths and misconceptions when it comes to our emotions
- Understand the science of emotions
- Describe a model for building better self-awareness
- Use the Optimal Health Pyramid as a framework for better health
- Describe grounding techniques that can be used to help our emotions
The words anxiety and depression have become commonplace in our lexicons, not just as diagnoses but also as descriptions of how we feel. As a physician and TEDx speaker, with over 10 years of experience in the field of mental health, I have seen first-hand the importance of using emotional literacy as a tool in our understanding and even prevention of mental health disorders.
In this course, participants will start by understanding the landscape of mental health and the mental health dichotomy we currently exist in. Using emotional literacy as a preventative tool is the central theme that runs throughout the course, allowing participants real-time and real-life examples of how to approach, acknowledge and accept the emotions they are experiencing.
- Welcome, Introduction, Learning Objectives, Assessment
- The Landscape of Mental Health
- Introduction to Emotional Literacy
- Introduction to the Science of Emotions
- Myths and Misconceptions around Emotions
- The Arc of Emotions
- Exploring Your Emotional Bed
- The What-How-Why method
- Conclusion, Review, Evaluation, Assessment
Who Should Attend
This course is for those who want to develop skills and strategies to support themselves and others coping with stress, anxiety, depression or other mental health conditions.
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW