Root Cause Analysis for Technical and General Applications
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the various methodologies used in problem solving & failure analysis & the ability to conduct & co-ordinate a multi-discipline team to investigate the problem & present mitigating actions
- Learn techniques required to investigate failures
- Gain insight into how a system fails & provide solution to prevent reoccurring
The participant will have an overview of various techniques & methodology used to perform Root Cause or failure analysis. This course will focus on technical & engineering failures but the methodology discussed is not limited to technical subjects; it has a wide range of applications, from business, medical, human performance, to non-technical issues. The final goal of any failure analysis is to identify the root cause of the failure under investigation & present effective mitigating actions to prevent the failure from reoccurring again.
The basic technique will be presented & case studies will be discussed. Participants will be involved in a hands-on workshop session to demonstrate their skills in problem solving. By the end of the seminar, the participant will be able to use this technique to lead a multi-discipline, cross-functional team to execute a successfully failure analysis. The course material is targeted to individuals with no or limited background on the subject. It is also presented as a refresher course for people who have prior experience in failure analysis.
- Initial stage
- The use of various techniques
- Analytical phase
- Providing the solution
- Case studies
- Discussion of various engineering failures & failure mechanisms
- Workshop session & final discussion
Who Should Attend
Individuals who are involved in & responsible for problem solving & those needing to acquire the skill in order to investigate why failures occur, such as:
Managers • Engineers & Technologists • Maintenance & Operation Personnel & all Technical or Non-Technical Personnel who need to learn, upgrade or refresh their knowledge in problem solving & to conduct failure analysis
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.