Pilot Plants: Principles of Design, Operation and Maintenance
After participating in the seminar, you will be able to:
- Improve your knowledge of common types of pilot plants in various branches of industry
- Familiarize yourself with main design principles of pilot plants, their construction and efficient operation
- Apply updated information on how to follow the start-up procedures and data acquisition
- Recognize the need for analysis of capital and operation costs of operation in batch or continuous operation mode
- Acquire an awareness of safety associated with operation of pilot plants and protection of personnel and environment
- Make your company products more profitable by increasing the reliability of design procedure and data validation
The design of a commercial plant can be risky & very expensive if the available experience is not sufficient enough to scale up the information from bench scale laboratory tests. Unless one has extensive experience with similar materials & products, it is very wise approach to verify the laboratory results in a pilot plant. An old saying: "Make your mistakes on a small scale & make your profit on a large scale", can be applied to pilot plants which represent intermediate stage between the laboratory simulation tests & the future industrial plant. In these cases, the decision to proceed with the full scale plant project will be based on a proven process, & on a more reliable economic estimate.
This course will cover all aspects of the consideration of pilot plants, including design, construction & operation. It will explain the main design principles of pilot plants, selection of appropriate materials for fabrication & selection & installation of the vital components of equipment. Discussed will be the elements of financial aspects of pilot plants: systematic analysis of capital & operation costs of pilot plants will be provided. Attention in the course will also be devoted to instrumentation & control systems as well as to aspects of safety of personnel & environmental protection. All course materials will be provided.
- Pilot Plant Selection & Sizing
- Location & Organization
- Prototypes & Scale-Up
- Stationary & Rotating Equipment
- Utility Connections
- Budget Control and Cost Optimization
- Instrumentation & Control Systems
- Safety & Alarm Systems
- Wastes & Environmental Protection
Who Should Attend
Engineers & Technicians • Operators of Pilot Plants • Maintenance Technical Personnel • Supervisors & Plant Managers • Consultants & Contractors • Inspectors & Technical personnel
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.