Root Cause Analysis for Technical and General Applications
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the various methodologies used in problem solving & failure analysis & the ability to conduct & co-ordinate a multi-discipline team to investigate the problem & present mitigating actions
- Learn techniques required to investigate failures
- Gain insight into how a system fails & provide solution to prevent reoccurring
The participant will have an overview of various techniques & methodology used to perform Root Cause or failure analysis. This course will focus on technical & engineering failures but the methodology discussed is not limited to technical subjects; it has a wide range of applications, from business, medical, human performance, to non-technical issues. The final goal of any failure analysis is to identify the root cause of the failure under investigation & present effective mitigating actions to prevent the failure from reoccurring again.
The basic technique will be presented & case studies will be discussed. Participants will be involved in a hands-on workshop session to demonstrate their skills in problem solving. By the end of the seminar, the participant will be able to use this technique to lead a multi-discipline, cross-functional team to execute a successfully failure analysis. The course material is targeted to individuals with no or limited background on the subject. It is also presented as a refresher course for people who have prior experience in failure analysis.
- Initial stage
- The use of various techniques
- Analytical phase
- Providing the solution
- Case studies
- Discussion of various engineering failures & failure mechanisms
- Workshop session & final discussion
Who Should Attend
Individuals who are involved in & responsible for problem solving & those needing to acquire the skill in order to investigate why failures occur, such as:
Managers • Engineers & Technologists • Maintenance & Operation Personnel & all Technical or Non-Technical Personnel who need to learn, upgrade or refresh their knowledge in problem solving & to conduct failure analysis
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW