Load Calculation for Racking
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- familiarize yourself with various types of racking system
- understand the procedure for load calculation for racking systems
- appreciate the importance of all safety standards
- improve the efficiency of operation procedure
- recognize the benefits of recommended maintenance guidelines
- follow the procedure of inspection of vital elements of the racking system
Storage racks are load-bearing structures that are important for the safe support of the significant weight of valuable products stored above warehouse personnel. To ensure that storage racks are performing at their designed level of safety, proper calculation of the capacity of the racking system has to be performed during the process of design and selection of material.
Also, these structures' well-planned maintenance and routine inspections must be conducted according to provincial occupational health and safety regulations. Personnel dealing with storage racks need the knowledge to identify issues of non-compliance, optimize everyday operations, and make recommendations to minimize potential workplace hazards.
This course is intended to cover all the key topics pertaining to the engineering design, fabrication, and installation of these structures, as well as their inspection and maintenance. The course will include several case studies that will be solved and discussed during workshops.
- Storage racks: types and selection
- Standards and codes
- Design, fabrication and installation
- Calculation of capacity and structural integrity
- Safety in operation and inspection
- Potential failures in the operation
- Maintenance and repair
Who Should Attend
Safety is everyone's responsibility. Training sessions will enable participants to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to identify hazards associated with storage rack systems.
- Warehouse employees
- H&S members
- Facility inspectors
- Maintenance personnel
- Forklift operators
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW