Plant Layout - 5 Essential Tips
The layout of a production facility determines a company's profitability and competitiveness. The plant layout also has a direct influence on current operations, and impacts quality, time and cost.
Often, plant layout decisions are made without knowing all of the relevant information and possible issues. In terms of delivery, a non-optimum layout increases time wastes due to the distances employees or materials need to travel. In regards to production capacity, an inadequate plant layout could create bottlenecks or reduce the pace of work under the production standards, and the company may end up with delivery delays.
This webinar presents the plant layout process and five essentials tips to make it a success.
- Benefits from an Efficient Layout:
- Examples of benefits
- Symptoms of inadequate layout
- Understanding Production Issues:
- The three main issues: flow, process and capacity
- Others concerns: variability and rigidity
1. Make a corporate project with your plant layout:
- Consider the human aspects
- Appoint a person in charge of the project
- Make your employees participate
2. Identify your main sources of wastes:
- The MUDAS
- The variability and the rigidity
- Understand your plant very well for optimal layout
3. Use the right methods of analysis and the right tools:
- The plant features analysis
- The proximity matrix
- The 2D diagram
- The spaghetti diagram
4. Integrate high performance practices into your new layout:
- Visual management
- Equipment regrouping in cells
- Order and storage
5. Micro-tips for an efficient plant layout:
- Enlarge within
- Racking tips
- Lay-out aisle tips
- Lay-out space tips
There will be a PowerPoint presentation to support the webinar; participants will receive the PowerPoint presentation in PDF format.
The webinar starts at 12:30 and ends at 1:30 pm (Eastern Standard Time); a short question period of 5 to 10 minutes at the end of the presentation is allowed.
Participants need to be online at least a few minutes before 12:30 pm.
Time: 12:30 PM â€“ 1:30 PM EDTREQUEST ON-SITE Quote
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW