Pre-Start Health and Safety Review
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Determine when a pre-start health and safety review (PHSR) is required
- Know where in the workplace the pre-start health and safety review applies
- Document an exemption to a PHSR
- Specify appropriate compliance requirements in your bid documents (RFQs)
- Select appropriate machine guarding based on a risk assessment
The Ontario OH&S Act and Regulation 851 Industrial Establishments requires that a professional engineer's report be prepared whenever a process, equipment addition or modification involves flammable liquids, safeguarding devices, rack/stacking structures, ignition/explosion risk, dust collectors, molten metals, lifting devices or designated substances.
This course focuses on the guidelines for conducting PHSRs and covers machine guarding standards and regulations. You will learn when and where in the workplace a PHSR is required, exemptions and MOL guidelines. The course also incorporates PHSR design considerations, including due diligence, employer obligations, risk assessments and safety circuit performance levels.
- Regulation 851, section 7
- Relevant standards pertaining to PHSRs
- Ministry of Labour guidelines for PHSRs
- Under what circumstances a PHSR is required
- Where in the workplace a PHSRs applies
- Due diligence and employer obligations
- Design considerations relevant to PHSRs
- Risk assessments
- PHSR exemption documentation requirements
- The PHSR report
Who Should Attend:
Plant Engineers and Managers • Process Engineers • Project Managers • Project Engineers • Manufacturing Engineers • Equipment Integrators Automation Professionals • Technical Specialists • Controls Designers • Operations and Maintenance Managers • Plant Safety Personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW