In-Plant Cranes, Hoists and Lifting Devices - Types, Components, Inspection, Operation and Safety
After attending the seminar, you will be able to:
- Recognize the use and limitations of various types of in-plant cranes
- Understand the use and limitations of crane lifting attachments
- Identify the maintenance requirements of cranes and lifting devices
- Appreciate the safety requirements associated with the use of cranes and lifting devices
Most industrial facilities employ cranes and lifting devices as part of their normal operations. An understanding of the various equipment types, along with their usage and operation, are essential from a safety and maintenance point of view as well as for overall plant efficiency.
This course describes the various types and uses of cranes, hoists, and lifting devices available to industrial, commercial and institutional facilities. The regulations, codes and standards associated with the inspection and testing of cranes will be addressed and the structural, mechanical and electrical components of a crane will be presented. Inspection, repair, testing and operational safety aspects will also be discussed.
- Types of cranes & hoists
- Regulations, codes & standards
- Crane structural components
- Crane mechanical components
- Crane electrical components
- Overhead crane runways
- Lifting attachments & equipment
- Crane inspection, repair & testing
- Crane safety aspects
Who Should Attend
Mechanical Engineers • Technicians • Plant & Facility Managers • Supervisors • Operations & Maintenance personnel • Stationary Engineers • Consultants & Contractors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.