Pumps: Selection, Operation and Maintenance
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Be aware of the performance characteristics of positive displacement and centrifugal pumps
- Understand the operational and maintenance aspects of various pumps
- Become familiar with the components of positive displacement and centrifugal pumps
- Appreciate the influence of fluid sources and attached piping
Pumps are essential components in almost all industries and required to meet system demands as well as operate safely, economically and reliably. This course will describe the function of both centrifugal pumps and positive displacement pumps, discuss the operational characteristics, and explain the maintenance requirements.
Additionally, the course will discuss cost efficiency in terms of energy consumption and will provide information on selecting and purchasing the correct pump for a particular application.
- Positive displacement pumps
- Centrifugal pumps
- Pump flow control
- Pump components
- Pump maintenance
- Pump condition monitoring
- Potential pump problems & workshop
- Operating & maintenance costs
- Pump installation & selection
Who Should Attend:
Process Engineers • Plant & Facilities Engineers • Technicians • Project Engineers & Managers • Maintenance & Operations personnel • Mechanical EITs • Armed Services personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.