Advanced Power Generation Gas Turbines, Co-generation and Combined Cycle Plants
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Realize the cost of commercial power generation
- Understand fundamentals and facts of power generation in heat engines and their efficiency
- Gain knowledge about typical gas turbine and steam turbines and their energy cycles
- Understand cogeneration and combined cycle plants and their difference
- Benefit from the result of cogeneration and combined plants
This two-day course covers the subjects of co-generation and combined cycle plants in detail and with emphasis on the rationale, economical benefits and the impact on environment. The fundamentals how a gas turbine and a steam turbine work are explained. Then how, by the nature of their operational properties, we can benefit from combining their cycles is discussed.
Some necessary principles of electric power are included for completeness.
- Electric Power Generation
- Heat Engines and Efficiency
- Carnot and Rankine Cycle
- Steam Turbine
- Gas Turbine
- Combined Cycles
- Electric Systems
Who Should Attend
Those involved in power generation:
design engineers • facility engineers • engineering consultants • managers working in utility companies • power generation operators • utility companies technical personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.