Codes and Standards of HVAC Equipment and Systems
After attending the seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify & understand recent changes introduced in the codes/standards & their implications on the design & operation of HVAC equipment & systems
- Plan & design HVAC equipment & systems in compliance with applicable codes & standards
- Identify & Select procedures for efficient operation of various HVAC equipment & systems
- Understand which compliance option is most suitable for a given circumstance
- Identify regulations which pertain to your own specific situation
- Gain insight into how to modify/adjust current systems in order to comply
Proper design & operation of HVAC Equipment & Systems not only requires a thorough understanding of relevant codes & standards, but also it requires one to stay up-to date with all frequent changes introduced in these codes & standards. This course enables participants to be knowledgeable with HVAC systems with respect to requirements of Part 5 (Environmental Separation) & Part 6 (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning) of the Provincial Building Code. The course also covers information on applicable standards such as ASHRAE standards 55, 62.1, & 90.1. Case studies & workshops will be used to explore the prescriptive compliance options & the performance compliance options available in these codes/standards.
- Introduction – Psychrometric representation and analysis of commonly used HVAC cycles
- Overview of various HVAC Systems
- Building Code Sections pertain to HVAC Systems
- Codes and Standards applicable for design and operation of HVAC Systems
- ASHRAE Standard 55 - Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy
- ASHRAE Standard 62.1 - Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality
- ASHRAE Standard 90.1 - Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings
Who Should Attend
Builders, Designers, HVAC Contractors & Building Inspectors. • Design & Project Engineers &Technologists • Plant & Facility Engineers • Consultants • Mechanical Engineers & Technologists• Maintenance & Operation Personnel.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.