Codes and Standards of HVAC Equipment and Systems
After attending the seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify & understand recent changes introduced in the codes/standards & their implications on the design & operation of HVAC equipment & systems
- Plan & design HVAC equipment & systems in compliance with applicable codes & standards
- Identify & Select procedures for efficient operation of various HVAC equipment & systems
- Understand which compliance option is most suitable for a given circumstance
- Identify regulations which pertain to your own specific situation
- Gain insight into how to modify/adjust current systems in order to comply
Proper design & operation of HVAC Equipment & Systems not only requires a thorough understanding of relevant codes & standards, but also it requires one to stay up-to date with all frequent changes introduced in these codes & standards. This course enables participants to be knowledgeable with HVAC systems with respect to requirements of Part 5 (Environmental Separation) & Part 6 (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning) of the Provincial Building Code. The course also covers information on applicable standards such as ASHRAE standards 55, 62.1, & 90.1. Case studies & workshops will be used to explore the prescriptive compliance options & the performance compliance options available in these codes/standards.
- Introduction – Psychrometric representation and analysis of commonly used HVAC cycles
- Overview of various HVAC Systems
- Building Code Sections pertain to HVAC Systems
- Codes and Standards applicable for design and operation of HVAC Systems
- ASHRAE Standard 55 - Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy
- ASHRAE Standard 62.1 - Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality
- ASHRAE Standard 90.1 - Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings
Who Should Attend
Builders, Designers, HVAC Contractors & Building Inspectors. • Design & Project Engineers &Technologists • Plant & Facility Engineers • Consultants • Mechanical Engineers & Technologists• Maintenance & Operation Personnel.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.