Mechanical Engineering for Non-Mechanical Engineers
After attending the seminar you will be able to:
- Apply practical knowledge when considering the operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment
- Add to your ability to achieve a cost-effective approach to the use of mechanical equipment
- Implement a process to improve equipment reliability
- Select the most appropriate equipment that meets the specific needs of your industrial processes
Engineers, technicians, maintainers and operators who may not have a mechanical background are often given the responsibility for the procurement, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment. To be effective, such personnel should have a fundamental understanding of the principles that dictate the design, operation and maintenance of this mechanical equipment. The course will emphasize practicality and cost effectiveness.
This course is designed to meet the needs of individuals of all disciplines and will also benefit those with a mechanical background seeking to refresh their knowledge.
- Basic metallurgy & properties of materials
- Metal fabrication processes
- Mechanics of materials
- Power transmission
- Lubrication & bearings
- Pressure vessels & storage tanks
- Heat exchangers, boilers & process heaters
- Industrial piping
- Pumps, fans & compressors
- Equipment reliability
Who Should Attend
Plant/Facility Engineers Technicians Maintainers Operators Chemical Engineers & Technologists Process Engineers & Technologists Project Engineers & Technologists Design Engineers & Technologists Armed Services personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.