Process Equipment and Piping Systems: Application, Design and Operation
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the safe design and operation of process equipment
- Follow the procedure for inspection and testing of process equipment
- Apply the fundamental concepts and strategies to prevent equipment failures
- Use the best practices of FFS to estimate the remaining life of operating equipment
- Select the methods of repair and alteration of pressurized process equipment
This course is designed to provide practical aspects of the mechanical design and operation of process equipment and piping systems including plant Integrity and reliability, design of pressure vessels and storage tanks, process heaters and heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, industrial failure, equipment inspection and testing.
The course will discuss the performance of process systems under various operating conditions including in-depth explanation on the process of material degradation such as corrosion, erosion, fatigue and others that may lead to component failure. Several examples and case studies included in the workshops and will demonstrate the application of Fitness for Service (FFS) assessment method that enables quantitative evaluation of the remaining life in service of any component of equipment. Failure prevention methods will be discussed and explained.
- Overview of Design Features of Process Equipment and Piping System
- Overview of Operation Issues of Components of Process Equipment
- Failure Modes and Fracture Mechanisms
- Design and Operation of Fluid Handling Equipment
- Repairs, Alterations and Rerating of Process Equipment
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed to benefit all levels of Technical Personnel in the oil and gas industry as well as in chemical and process industries but will greatly benefit:
Process, Mechanical and Chemical Engineers • Operation and Maintenance Engineers • Project Engineers • Supervisors and Managers • Technical Personnel involved in inspection
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.