Layout and Design of Process Plant Equipment and Piping Systems
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- develop practical working knowledge and skills in process equipment and piping systems layout and design principles, procedures and best practices
- determine the impact of layout and pipe routings options
- familiarize yourself with the design and construction codes and standards for piping and process equipment
- enhance your knowledge in stress analysis and better appreciate its role in avoiding failures
- learn from catastrophic incidents that resulted from poor layout and design so that you will avoid such incidents
Designing process plants is a complex and demanding process. The design of plant layout is one of the most important tasks before plant construction. A good plant layout can not only reduce capitalized cost, but also helps to improve the safety of the plant and reduce its environmental impact. Additionally, fast, uncomplicated and adequate access to individual items of plant and equipment is essential for effective operation and maintenance which means higher plant availability and longer time between failures.
This course will familiarize participants with all aspects of process plant major equipment and piping systems.
- Design and Layout Fundamentals
- Process Plant Design
- Layout Design and planning
- Workshops - Case Studies - Catastrophic Incidents Caused by Poor Layout
- Process Equipment – Sizing and Design Methodologies and Considerations
- Basic Design of Piping Systems
- Layout and Design Requirements of Piping Systems
- Piping Thermal Expansion and Flexibility
- Introduction to Pipe Stress Analysis & Demonstration of Software Application
- Equipment Piping Layout Considerations and Best Practices
Who Should Attend:
Engineers & Designers Involved In Plant Design Activities • Project Engineers • Process Engineers • Piping Fabricators •Contractors & Suppliers • Piping Design & Analysis Personnel• Recent Engineering Graduates In All Disciplines
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.