Fundamentals, Sizing, Selection, and Operation of HVAC Systems
After attending the seminar, you will be able to:
- Apply key fundamentals in the design and operation of HVAC systems.
- Perform air conditioning cycle, load, duct and hydronic piping design calculations.
- Select procedures for efficient operation of various HVAC equipment and systems
- Recognize energy saving opportunities in HVAC systems using the insight gained at the course into energy cost saving opportunities.
- Design efficient controls for your HVAC systems
Mastering fundamentals, sizing, selection, & operation is a must for designers & operators of HVAC systems. This course covers the fundamentals of HVAC systems starting from Psychrometry & representation & calculations of air conditioning processes & cycles. Cooling & heating load calculations, design of air distribution systems, HVAC equipment & system selection, controls, energy conservation & economics of HVAC systems are all covered.
The use of Carrier’s Hourly Analysis Program (HAP) in the design & sizing of HVAC Systems is demonstrated. Many useful rules of thumb to aid the beginning individual in the design & sizing of HVAC systems will be provided. The experienced individual will find them useful for a quick design & operation check.
- Air Conditioning Cycles
- Space Conditions – Comfort
- Cooling/Heating Load Calculations
- Design of Air Distribution System (Duct Design)
- HVAC Equipment and System Selection
- Rules of Thumb (ROTs)
- Controls, Energy and Costs
- Design of Water Distribution Systems
Who Should Attend
Design & Project Engineers &Technologists • Plant & Facility Engineers • Consultants • Mechanical Engineers & Technologists• Maintenance & Operation Personnel & Other Technical Personnel Who Need To Upgrade/Refresh Their Current Knowledge of HVAC Systems
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.