Pumps and Pipe Systems - Features and Technology
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- gain an awareness of the performance characteristics of positive displacement and centrifugal pumps
- gain an awareness of pipe system codes, standards, design and operation
- become familiar with the fundamentals of pipe flow and pressure drop
- understand the inspection and maintenance practices associated with pumps and pipe systems
The reliable operation of pumps and the integrity of connected pipework is essential to the cost-effective operation of industrial facilities. This course will describe the function of both positive displacement and centrifugal pumps, discuss the operational characteristics and explain the maintenance requirements.
Additionally, the course will discuss the various aspects of fluid flow in pipes and the requirements for the safe, compliant operation of pipe systems.
- Positive Displacement Pumps
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Pump Components
- Pump Installation & Selection
- Pipe Connections & Systems
- Pipe Stresses
- Fluid Flow in Pipes
- Pump & Pipe Condition Monitoring
- Maintenance of Pumps & Pipe Systems
Who Should Attend
Plant & Facilities managers • Engineers • Technicians & Supervisors who need to be familiar with the fundamentals associated with pumps and pipe systems • Plant & facilities operations personnel• Managers • engineers • Technicians & Supervisors responsible for plants and facilities• Stationary Engineers • Consultants & Contractors • Personnel in the food, chemical, petrochemical, pulp and paper, pharmaceutical, water utility and energy industries will find this course of particular interest.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.