Mechanical Engineering Fundamentals for Non-Mechanical Engineers
After participating in the webinar, you will:
- Gain familiarity with the physical tests and analytical methods associated with the determination of strengths of materials
- Have better appreciation of the how forces, on beams in static equilibrium, are analyzed, in determinate support scenarios.
- Be able to calculate forces in members of simple truss systems, using the method of sections and be able to analyze motion of objects in the kinematic and kinetic realms.
- Have basic familiarity with fundamentals of thermodynamics and refrigeration cycle.
- Have gained basic understanding of methods for analyzing static and dynamic fluid systems.
Learn how to make your technical interface with mechanical engineers, mechanical contractors and mechanics more productive and effective. Learn basic mechanical engineering principles, concepts and analytical methods in an easy to understand format. Learn about mechanics and strengths of materials. Learn to perform straightforward and common calculations associated with beam and truss analysis, objects in static equilibrium, objects in kinetic motion or kinematic motion.
Learn about basics of thermodynamics, static and dynamic fluids.
- Mechanical Engineering Concepts, Principles and System of units
- Materials and Mechanics of Materials
- Determinate Analyses of Beams in Static Equilibrium
- Truss Analysis
- Dynamics – Kinematics
- Dynamics – Kinetics
- Refrigeration Cycle
- Fluid Statics & Dynamics
- Engineering Economics & Financial Analysis of Engineering Projects
Who Should Attend
- Non-Mechanical Engineers
- Facility Managers
- Maintenance Managers
- Energy Engineers and Managers
- Engineering Managers
- Safety Managers
Optional Reference Material:
Thermodynamics Made Simple for Energy Engineers, By S. Bobby Rauf, Fairmont Press.
11:30 AM – 3:30 PM, ET.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.