Structural Mechanics Fundamentals Stresses, Strains and Torsion
Upon completion of the training, students shall be able to:
- Learn the fundamentals of stress, strain and elastic behavior.
- Draw axial force, shear and bending moment diagrams of one-dimensional members subject to simple and combined loading.
- Understand some abstract concepts, for example, stability, torsion, needed in modern structural engineering.
- Analyze and design structural members subjected to tension, compression, torsion, bending and combined stresses using the fundamental concepts of stress, strain and elastic behavior of materials.
- Compute stress and strains in cables, bars, beams and columns; compute deflection of beams; and compute buckling load of compression members.
- Be able to formulate engineering problems & solve these problems using adequate mathematical tools.
Structural Mechanics is a subject that addresses computational problems in analyzing elastic structural elements. The functions contained in Structural Mechanics are designed for professional engineers, educators, and students of engineering mechanics in mechanical, civil, and aerospace engineering.
In practice, the engineer can adopt Structural Mechanics to perform analyses of elastic structural elements along with other professional engineering analysis tools.
- Introduction to Principles of Statics
- Definitions of Stress, strain and Torsion
- Normal and Shear Stress
- Analysis of principle stresses and Mohr’s circle
- Stress-Strain Relationships & Hooke’s law
- Poisson Effect in Materials
- Introduction to Axial Members
- Analysis of structural elements under bending
- Introduction to Torsion Members
- Behavior of Rod and Shafts in Torsion
- Deflection of beams
- Introduction to stability and buckling
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW