ASME B31.1 and ASME B31.3 Pressure Piping Codes General Requirements Overview
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand all the requirements of ASME B31.1 and ASME B31.3 (relevant interpretations included)
- Perform an overview on calculations to determine the minimum wall thickness of all piping system components according to associated external loads (pressure, hydrostatic test, and water hammer, etc.).
A piping system is a set of pipes and other components (valves, elbows, etc.) used to transport ﬂuid from point A to B. ASME B31.1 (Power Piping) and ASME B31.3 (Process Piping), recognized by the Canadian Pressure Equipment Code CSA B51 (Boiler, Pressure Vessel, and Pressure Piping Code), contain all requirements for industrial pressure piping. These codes are used in oil reﬁneries and terminals as well as in various industries such as chemical, pharmaceutical, textile, pulp and paper, and cryogenics. ASME B31.1 is particularly associated with high-pressure steam boilers.
These ASME Codes establish the requirements for materials, design, manufacturing, assembly, inspection, and certiﬁcation of pressure piping pressure.
- Overview of main Canadian regulations on pressure piping
- Description of responsibilities of key stakeholders and required qualifications
- Requirements for materials (impact testing, etc.)
- External constraints to be included when designing piping
- Manufacturing requirements (welding, preheating, heat treatment, etc.)
- Requirements for visual inspection of welds
- Tightness test requirements (hydrostatic, pneumatic, sensitive leak test, alternative leak test, etc.)
Who Should Attend
Engineers • Inspectors • Technicians • Contractors • Professionals in the industrial pressure piping ﬁeld
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW