Basic Print Reading of Mechanical Drawings
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the main views in an orthographic projection drawing
- Explain the meaning of the different types of lines
- Visualize a 3D object from the 2D orthographic views
- Interpret plus/minus, nominal, reference and limit dimensions
- Explain the various elements found in a title block
This webinar aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to interpret the main aspects of a mechanical drawing. Some people have the innate ability to visualize objects in three-dimensional space from a two-dimensional drawing. However, anyone can accomplish this when some basic rules are in place and can even be honed with practice.
The webinar will begin with a discussion of the drawing categories and the meaning of each line type. Then a significant focus will be on interpreting and visualizing orthographic projection. Also covered are auxiliary information on a print (such as the title block and notes), section views, interpreting dimensions/tolerances, other special symbols (such as roughness callouts and screw threads), and an overview of the GD&T system of tolerances. Multiple examples will be provided to show specific applications.
- Basic steps in reading a print
- Line types: visible, hidden, center, leader, etc.
- The title block
- Orthographic projection views
- Visualizing in 3D
- First vs. third angle projection
- Section views
- Dimensioning practices
- Plus/minus vs. limit dimensions
- Special dimensions/tolerances
Who Should Attend:
Product Engineers • Manufacturing Engineers • Quality/Inspection personnel • Machine Operators • Purchasing and Cost Estimators • Support staff who handle prints
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW