Building Mechanical Systems-Design, Operation and Maintenance
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
• learn the fundamentals of plumbing and sanitary systems design
• gain a working knowledge of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems
• appreciate the design considerations associated with piping systems, pumps, valves, fans and boilers
• become conversant with the requirements of a building fire protection system
• understand elevator and escalator installations and their objectives
The efficient and reliable functioning of building mechanical equipment and systems is necessary to satisfy production and employee and/or public requirements in a safe and economical fashion. An initial overview of the building code will be presented and the operation and maintenance of building mechanical equipment and systems will be discussed.
The fundamentals and basic concepts associated with the operation and maintenance of boilers, pumps, piping, valves, fans and elevators will be discussed. The systems considered in this course are water, plumbing and sewer, heating ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC), steam systems, gas systems and fire protection.
- Pumps and Pipe Systems
- Fans, Compressors
- HVAC and Air Chiller Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- Sanitary Works
- The Ontario Building Code
- Fire Protection Systems
- Elevator Technology
- Escalators and Passenger Conveyors
- Elevator and Escalator Modernization
- Inspection, Troubleshooting and Maintenance
Who Should Attend
Design, installation, commissioning, operations, maintenance and other engineers who need to upgrade their current experience and knowledge of building mechanical systems, including mechanical engineers, industrial and commercial plant and facilities engineers, consultants, property managers, project engineers, and other technical personnel who are responsible for HVAC, utility and plumbing systems.
The course will be of particular interest to personnel responsible for the management of commercial, institutional and industrial buildings.REQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW